Save $5,000-$10,000 on USELESS PR firms.
Get FREE coverage in TOP-TIER media and IGNITE your day 1 (and beyond).
Even with ZERO outreach experience.
If you are here today, some of these probably went through your head:
What is the etiquette to contact a tech journalist?
Should I tell them our story, should I include a press kit?
Do they write the news article or do we supply it?
Writing a personalized message to each journalist takes heaps of time!!!
They can immediately spot (and hate) copy/paste messages, generic words, and phrases!!!
Should I follow up? When? How many times?
It's very hard to find the right angle to pitch!!
How do I find the right journalists to cover my campaign launch?
Hunting down every publication that covered similar products is so time-consuming!!!
How do I get journalists to write about my project?
How do I get them to even reply to my emails?
Shall I build a relationship first and comment on their articles, like their tweets?
What is the first email I should send them?
How do I write a subject line that gets opened?
Introducing: Get Press for Your Hardware Campaign (GPHC)
GPHC is my proven step-by-step system designed to take you by the hand in getting free press coverage for your upcoming hardware Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaign.
No confusion. Nothing is left out.
It's a 6-module digital course that walks you through everything you need to know in order to pitch the media like a pro (no PR agency required).
What’s included in Get Press for Your Hardware Campaign?
The program includes:
✓ 6 easy-to-follow and structured, video modules
✓ 12 amazing, limited-time bonuses, recordings, and other benefits
✓ 24/7 login (mobile optimized) - it is all digital + downloadable so you can access the content & download the course and take it with you on the go
✓ Content is available in video (MP4), audio (MP3) and slides (PDF)
✓ (Unheard of) 90 day, 100% money-back guarantee if you don’t get results
✓ Lifetime access so you can re-apply everything for your next campaign(s)
✓ Free access to all future upgrades of the GPHC program and lock-in at the lowest rate, as I will be increasing the price eventually
As soon as you enroll, you get immediate access (via your email and password).
What’s included in each module?
(Modules 0 - 3: The Foundation Phase)
MODULE #0 All the free content in one place
- The 8 'secrets' of million-dollar hardware Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns
- Video: why press is crucial for your campaign's success and why NEVER hire PR firms
- 7 myths about getting media coverage and 7 rookie mistakes to avoid
- How to qualify different publications (and their traffic) using Alexa
- How to save weeks researching relevant journalists and finding their contact details
MODULE #1 Preparing for a successful pitch
- The exact days and time to launch your campaign (September is tricky for 1 reason) so you make it easiest for you, journalists and backers (of all time zones)
- The 5-step checklist before approaching journalists (critical for gaining their interest)
- Further (dis)qualify journalists and target just the most likely to cover your launch
- The truth about "building relationships first" and "commenting on articles"
MODULE #2 Differences between Embargo and Exclusive
- When to use an Exclusive - pros and cons + detailed examples
- When to use an Embargo - pros and cons + detailed examples
- How I gave an Exclusive to a TechCrunch writer (word-by-word template)
- What to do when things go wrong (yes, they do) with Embargos and Exclusives
MODULE #3 Writing an effective press release
- Step-by-step guide on how to write and what to include in your press release, so that it actually helps journalists write a story (no fluff and no bs)
- 5 successful example press releases of hardware campaigns
- When and how to use a mass press release (it works rarely, but there is a use case)
What’s included in each module?
(Modules 4 - 6: The Execution Phase)
MODULE #4 - How to guarantee media coverage
- The 5 ‘guaranteed’ ways to get featured - dramatically increase chances for write-up
- What to do when you have prototypes or production units to share with the media
- All the tools to make pitching easier and the conversion rates (write-ups) you can expect
MODULE #5 - Writing your email pitch word-by-word
- How to write subject lines that get up to 80% open rates (screenshots included)
- Story angles - what are they and how/when to use them in your emails
- Everything you must include in your first emails, follow-up emails etc.
MODULE #6 - Automation and mass personalization
- How to send personalized pitches to hundreds of journalists at once, without writing hundreds of emails 1 by 1 (nope, not MailChimp - email marketing services forbid that)
- How to track whether your email has been opened, who’s opening it, what’s being clicked inside and more - the exact open, click, bounce and reply rates with stats
- Pitching during your campaign - the 3 phases to pitch while the project is still running and everything you need to include
What else am I getting?
(Wait for it...)
You'll also get these LIMITED-TIME bonuses
Bonus #1 Step-by-Step Guide: Thunderclap Like a Pro
- http://thunderclap.it is the go-to place for the launch of any crowdfunding campaign
- Have hundreds of friends and family share the news for your launch...at once
- Remember Phoneblocks and their 381,745,826 people reach? It made Thunderclap a thing
Bonus #2 How to Have a Successful ProductHunt Day
- A step-by-step guide to having a blast PH day (done on day 2 of your campaign)
- ProductHunt.com (Alexa ~3500) can potentially bring tens of backers for free
- The do’s and don’ts before and during a ProductHunt and everything in-between
Bonus #3 Facebook Ads ROI Tracking for Kickstarter
- A step-by-step guide to tracking your Facebook ads ROI during your Kickstarter campaign
- The same trick marketing agencies and crowdfunding referral programs are using
- Know exactly how much your marketing efforts are worth and when to move on
You sure that's all?
(Of course not)
3 Master Call Recordings:
#1 - How Kseniia Vinogradova (CEO) raised $100,000 on Kickstarter for FlipFlic
#2 - How Lama Mansour (CEO) raised over $150,000 on Indiegogo for Bold Knot
#3 - How Aleksandar Dimitrov (CEO) raised over $200,000 on Indiegogo for AYO
3 Exclusive Benefits:
#1 - (Small, but mighty) Hardware-only Facebook group to share and support your success
#2 - Affordable and quality workforce to work on your journalist data or anything else
#3 - Unlimited email/live chat consulting by me on anything you need to get press coverage
How do I get started? How much is it?
You could try to figure it out on your own and spend a lot of time and effort or you can also hire a PR agency for $5,000- $10,000+.
Look, I even did the digging for you - I asked 5 PR agencies for quotes for an iPhone 6S case campaign launching in September 2016 - right when the iPhone 7 launches (feel the greed):
The entire Get Press for Your Hardware Campaign step-by-step program is only $49 a month for 12 months.
You can get started for just $49 (you get full access with the first payment)
You can also pay in full (save 17% or $93) for $495 and get 3 additional monetary bonuses
You can also let me run the whole thing for you for $2995 (2x-5x cheaper than any agency)
3 pay-in-full ($495 and $2995 option) bonuses:
#1 - $100 back if you put a banner of dayonefunding.com below the press mentions like here and here (you can choose the head color of the banner)
#2 - $100 (max) towards your “early birds” (if the reward is $85 plus shipping, then $85). Still wondering who will be your VERY FIRST backer? That's how invested I am in your success
#3 - $100 back every time a friend joins GPHC (after refund period is over) - meaning exclusive access to my referral program
Bottom line, you can be getting back the full price of the course one way or another, keeping the course forever and using it over and over again.
Ivaylo Kalburdzhiev is a "Most Viewed Writer" in Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Crowdfunding and Hardware startups on Quora and has been involved with hardware crowdfunding since 2011.
He's helped numerous hardware startups raise multiple $$$ on Kickstarter and Indiegogo through everything marketing, planning, and PR. He feels weird writing about himself in the third person but admits that it sounds slightly more epic.
What people are saying:
Choose a plan:
Q: Is this course right for me? Will it “work” for me?
A: Everyone’s situation/campaign/gadget is different and of course I can’t guarantee 100% results (no one can - if they do, they're lying), but I can give you the EXACT blueprint for success with this and all the tools, strategies and step-by-step hand-holding.
That being said, the course is right for you:
If you are 1000% committed to executing a successful campaign and you are not playing around
If you have a cool, new or interesting gadget that doesn't appeal to just a total of 50 people
If your prototype is visually delightful and you made sure it is something people want and need
If you are having a professionally made video and campaign, and also offer high-value rewards
If you already have a community around your project and plan an extensive marketing campaign before and during your (30-day) launch
If you have some sort of social proof like big email list and/or investor funding and/or many happy beta-users and/or went through a notable accelerator etc.
If you are looking at $25,000-$50,000 (or higher) funding goal and you are making serious bets
Still not sure? Just ask me - use the chat bubble on the right or email me.
The course is NOT for you if:
...you are expecting “overnight results” with “very little effort/work involved” - I give you the EXACT blueprint and tell you what to do, but only you can actually do it and yes it involves getting in the trenches - that being said, I take tons of time off your learning curve.
...you have a negative, crappy attitude, please don’t buy the course. Life is too short and we probably won’t get along :)
...you “know all of this already and are smarty pants”, this might not be for you. My guess is I will be sharing with you in the course things you already know AND things you probably don’t. But, this is the secret sauce, it is all put together as a system for you to go at it step-by-step.